Friday 1 February 2008

Pub Grub

Brits. Beers. Pubs.

The three go together.

Today was the second time I've eaten dinner at a pub. We went to Hobgoblins just down the road. A pretty small, intimate place for the locals to hang out.

Because it was jam-packed inside, we were left with the benches outdoors. There was a barbecue thing, and heaters, but in -5°c (according to BBC, it's supposed to snow tonight!) strong winds, heaters count for absolutely nothing.

I was totally freezing; I'd forgotten my mittens and scarf. So I was sitting there, drinking an iced cocktail, braving the winds. No mittens, no scarf, no hat, no socks. Nothing.

The food was really bad too. (BBQ-ed?!?!) Fish and Chips. They had the usual pub fare. Chilli chips, burgers, hotdogs.

One saving grace - a really yummy "salad cream" thing, that was like mayonnaise, but with a nice twist to it. Think I shall start searching Sainsbury's for it. Yum :D

No comments: